Friday, March 23, 2007

you never know

The engine sits in the driveway, a few feet away from it's home - a '67 Mustang. The main question of the moment, "Is it worth rebuilding"? Upon entering the garage, a quick glance reveals "treasures" ya gotta love - jigsaws, goop, circular saws, WD40, router, a planer, goop, sleeping bags, climbing ropes, fly rod, doe hooves, goop, whoaaaaa, was that doe hooves? Yep, I believe it was! Stepping into that thar house, one is greeted by an aroma - pretty strong I'd say. It's something akin to smelly feet, and .....well, maybe we'll just use our imaginations. I think it might be strong enough to put hair on your chest. Holy Moly, there sure are alot of half naked people in this house - flexing muscles, doing push ups, exercising fingers. Yep, there's what I'm talking about. Remote heaven! Ok, let's see what else this here tribe has. Hmmm, a fingerboard hanging over the doorway, soccer cleats, and books. Let's see what they like to read: Tom Brown, Jr.; Richard P. Feynman; Scott Adams, Henri Nouwen, Suess, Rabbi Harold Kushner; Ray Bradbury; Shel Silverstein; Richard Foster; Viktor Frankl; You know, I'm getting a bit hungry. Wonder if this joint has any food? Ahhhh, there ya be matey's - knew I'd find someone in the galley. And pizza, looks like it's a staple in this house. Don't forget ya oranges, wouldn't want no scurvy for this bunch!! Hey, I hear a sound. Seems like it could be coming from behind this here door. Let's open slowly.... Good granny! All the laundry in China is right here!! And I do believe I see doe hooves.... no, I believe those might be doe feet - of the human species. "Greetings ma'am.' ' Looks like you're pretty busy, is there anything I could do for you"? "Well aren't you a sweet thing.' ' Well, actually there is,.... you see I've been trying to write to a group of friends these past months, some real nice folks I once got to serve with in the Northeast. They're all over the country now; still serving I'm sure of it. Could you drop them a line, and remind them of a couple of things: tell them, they helped to shape me into the person I am today; and remember - love God, the rest is detail. Oh yeah, one more thing; when I find my way out of this room, I'll write. You never know"!! Blessings, Beth

2 comments:

Martha, Martha said...

Beth!! and Brent!!
Love the story! Great teamwork! I really appreciate the effort, I know your plate is more than full!

Believe it or not, there is one GNNEr with even more boys per household - but I won't divulge that info, it will have to be revealed another way... Any guesses?

We anxiously await your release from the depths of the Laundry Room!
Love and Hugs!

Wayne Barnard said...

I can attest to Beth's life. It's pretty much exactly as she describes it. However, she has the best boys in the world. I love them all. The Lord has certainly blessed Brent and Beth with a wonderful family. It's my pleasure to see them often, and to know their boys as my friends.